Opening a checking or savings account1 at Mechanics Bank is easy - whether you do it in a branch or over the phone.
Gather Your Personal Information
You'll need the following information to apply for an account:
- Personal identification, including your:
- Social Security Number or Individual Tax ID Number (ITIN)
- California Driver's License or ID Card information*
- Home address
- $25 minimum deposit to open a personal checking or savings account ($5 for savings accounts for minors)
- Bank account details to transfer funds from another bank:
- Account Number
- Routing Number
Visit your local branch to complete the application.
Your local banker will go over your new account, explain all the benefits, and answer any questions you may have. You can count on us for help now and as your financial needs change over time.