How do I start using Card Controls?
- Online banking users can login and go to “My Resources.” Mobile app users can login to the Mechanics Bank mobile app and click "More".
- Select "Card Controls and Alerts" and review and accept the Terms and Conditions. Your debit card will be listed.
- The initial Card Controls and Alerts screen will display your debit card with the On/Off status. Your card will be identified by the last 4 digits of your card number.
- Set up alerts1, set spending limits and turn your card off temporarily if you’ve misplaced your card. 1Standard carrier fees for text messaging may apply.
Why don't I see my card when I click on Card Controls and Alerts in Online Banking or on my app?
There are two reasons why your card may not be displayed.
- The card was opened today. It takes one business day after opening a debit card before it can be viewed in online or mobile banking.
- Your Online/Mobile Banking registration does not match the information on the card. If you share an online banking or mobile banking login with a spouse or partner and you registered using their social security number, the card information does not match your user configuration. You will need your own registered online banking or mobile banking configuration for your card to be displayed. Call 800.797.6324 to set up your card.
I can't find my debit card. How do I turn it off until I locate it?
- Login to online banking, go to My Resources, select Card Controls and Alerts and click the toggle to Off.
- Login to the mobile app, tap on More and Card Controls and Alerts and slide the toggle next to your debit card to Off.
- Changes to your card status are immediate. When the card is Off, one-time transactions using your card or card number will be blocked but recurring transactions will still process. After you find your card you can switch the toggle back to On and immediately start using your card again.
- Turning off your card is not a replacement for reporting your card lost or stolen. Contact us immediately if you believe that unauthorized transactions have been made. Call 800.797.6324 or 800.472.3272 (after hours). Turning your card off will not stop recurring transactions or the posting of refunds, reversals, or credit adjustments to your account. Any digital card numbers used by digital wallets (e.g. Apple Pay®, Google PayTM, Samsung Pay®) that are linked to the card will also be off.
If I have a joint account and we each have a debit card, do my controls affect their debit card? Can I turn their card on/off?
Card Controls are based on the individual card number issued to each card holder. When you access Card Controls, only the card issued to you will appear and allow you to set controls.
What controls can I place on my debit card?
By default, your debit card is set up to be used on any transaction, for any amount, at any merchant at any location and all Alerts are enabled. As the cardholder, you have the control over what sort of transactions and how much money is allowed to be spent within a given day.
You can set controls that restrict in-person, online, ATM or phone transactions. You can also enable or disable certain types of merchants from being able to process your card. You can turn off any use of your debit card internationally or domestically, and you can make sure that it can only be used for a certain amount.
If I have multiple cards, can I choose which ones I'd like enabled?
All consumer debit cards for an individual user will be displayed. You can enable alerts and other controls for each card individually.
I tried to use my debit card and it was denied. Can you tell me why?
You may have Card Controls enabled on your card. Please check your Card Control preferences or call us at 800.797.6324.
Who can use Card Controls?
Consumers enrolled in Mechanics Bank online banking and/or mobile banking who have a Mechanics Bank debit card.
If I only have one card issued to me and I want to remove it, can I add it back in later?
Once you have an active card on display associated with your account, it can never be removed. However, you can disable any alerts, location restrictions, vendor restrictions, or transaction restrictions that you had associated with the card when you set up your account.
If you are not planning on using the card that is associated with the account in question any more, you can disable the alerts and keep the card in a secure place.