How to Apply
Opening a checking or savings account1 at Mechanics Bank is easy.
1. Gather Your Personal Information
You'll need the following information to apply for an account:
- Personal identification, including your:
- Social Security Number or Individual Tax ID Number (ITIN)
- California Driver's License or ID Card information
- Home address
- $25 minimum deposit to open a personal checking or savings account ($5 for savings accounts for minors)
- Bank account details to transfer funds from another bank:
- Account Number
- Routing Number
2. Visit your local branch to complete the application
Your local banker will go over your new account, explain all the benefits, and answer any questions you may have. You can count on us for help now and as your financial needs change over time.
1 Account opening is subject to approval.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.