Friday, June 22, 2018
As Scott Valley Bank joins with Mechanics Bank, we are pleased to announce that the Summer Concerts in the Parks Series will once again bring free, family-friendly live music to Siskiyou County parks.
The series has been a community fixture since 1996. That summer, Scott Valley Bank management, with support from the City of Yreka and many local merchants who joined with the bank to participate as concert sponsors, began its Friday evening concerts in Yreka’s Miner Street Park as a way to provide free, family-friendly entertainment for the local community.
As the years have progressed, the event has featured concerts in other Siskiyou County venues from Fort Jones to Mount Shasta – always with Yreka’s Miner Street Park serving as the anchor location. This year, the series will kick off in Lake Shastina’s Hoy Park, and will continue with five concerts in Yreka’s Miner Street Park followed by one on downtown Main Street, Etna.
“We are so pleased to once again provide free, live music to Siskiyou County for families to enjoy,” said Yreka Branch Services Manager Ronda Gubetta. “We’ve brought back a few favorites, and, as always we have some local groups or those with local roots, and one tribute band. Please join us in the parks this summer!”
This year’s lineup:
- Friday, June 22: HOY PARK – Lake Shastina: Sound Advice - Rocking Blues and Jazz straight out of Siskiyou County
- Friday, June 29: MINER STREET PARK – Yreka: Petty & the Heartshakers – tribute to the late music legend Tom Petty
- Friday, July 6: MINER STREET PARK – Yreka: TapWater – musical inspiration from around the globe
- Friday, July 13: MINER STREET PARK – Yreka: Whiskey Maiden – high-energy country and rock band performing fan favorites
- Friday, July 20: MINER STREET PARK – Yreka: Broadway Phil and the Shouters – smooth blend of blues, R&B, and roots rock with world-class harmonica from Phil Newton
- Friday, July 27: MINER STREET PARK – Yreka: Rogue Suspects – Southern Oregon’s premier rock and dance band
- Friday, August 3: MAIN STREET – Etna: The Brothers Reed – Contemporary folk favorites from highly-popular Southern Oregon group
All concerts are from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Bring a lawn chair or blanket, and pack a picnic to enjoy during the show! The July 20 and 27 concerts will feature Liberty Arts’ Explorations program, which will provide youth arts and crafts activities for free during the concert.
As always, sponsorships pay for a portion of the costs for each event. Series sponsorships for 2018 include hotel sponsorships provided by Miner’s Inn Best Western and Siskiyou Development Co., Inc.; advertising provided courtesy of Siskiyou Daily News, Mt. Shasta Area Newspapers, and Buffalo Broadcasting; a sound system sponsorship provided by Fairchild Medical Center; a ‘Green’ sponsorship provided by Yreka Transfer; a ‘Picnic” sponsorship provided by Etna Brewing Company; event support from the City of Yreka; and business partner sponsors for each individual concert.
The Bank continues to act as the event organizer and major underwriter of the series. Schedule cards and posters are available through the local business sponsors, at your local Scott Valley Bank branch, and at the Yreka Chamber of Commerce office.