Young Adult Checking
Designed for individuals 15 - 25 years of age, Young Adult Checking is the perfect way for young adults to begin learning how to responsibly manage their money, a lesson that will help them throughout the rest of their lives.
Universal Account Benefits
- $5 monthly service charge. Monthly service charge waived with online banking and eStatements.
- Available to teens 15 - 25 years old1
- Teens have several options to conveniently access their account:
- ATM/Debit card (with unlimited free withdrawals at Mechanics Bank ATMs and two free withdrawals per month from other banks2)
- Online Banking
- No fee Online Banking, Mobile Banking and Bill Pay
- No monthly fee SavingsLink Account if account is linked for Overdraft Protection and combined in monthly All-in-One Statement
- Choice of ATM or MasterCard Debit Card
- All-in-One Statement (Combine all of your accounts on one convenient monthly statement)
- Unlimited TeleBanking access
Information For Parents
If you would like additional information about Young Adult Checking and how it can guide you begin building solid money management skills, please visit one of our locations or call us at 800-797-6324.
Money Management Educational Resources
FDIC: Quick Tips for Managing Your Money
Practical Money Skills
Junior Achievement's Personal Finance Center
Young Adult Guide to Taking Control of Your Finances (PDF)
Money Tips For All Ages (PDF)
Start Smart: Money Management for Teens (PDF)
Smart About Money
1 For ages 15-25, the Young Adult Checking account requires joint ownership or executed indemnity agreement by a parent, guardian or responsible adult who is an established Mechanics Bank client.
2 Excludes reimbursements from ATMs located in a foreign country and/or gaming establishments.