Mechanics Bank Investments Adds Seven Financial Consultants
Making advisory services and more financial products available to a broad range of clients
View as PDF
WALNUT CREEK, CA, October 30, 2013 — Mechanics Investment Services (MIS), a division of the Mechanics Bank Wealth Management Group, has expanded with the addition of seven new Financial Consultants. These Financial Consultants, each with 10 to 25 years experience, will provide individual and business clients with services ranging from retirement savings and planning, education funding, and life and long term care insurance to estate planning and employee retirement plans for small businesses.
"Whether our clients need investment products or insurance we can help them," says Lisa Smith, Vice President and Program Manager, Mechanics Investment Services. "We see MIS as a complement to all our other services. The Bank has extremely loyal clients who‘ve banked with us for years, but until recently they often felt we could not provide all the services they need. By taking advantage of our new strategic alliance with LPL Financial we are now able to offer access to a comprehensive array of financial products and services, ranging from fixed income to mutual funds, government securities, equities and more."
"Banks typically don‘t offer a full range of financial advisory services to clients who aren‘t considered ‗wealthy‘," Ms. Smith adds. "Other institutions often set the cutoff at $2-3 million or more in investible assets. We serve clients across the financial spectrum – it‘s part of our mission as a community bank. MIS is designed to make sound advice and a wide array of products available to a much broader range of clients."
Joining MIS are:
- Ben Agron, who brings ten years experience to MIS, most recently at Wells Fargo Advisors. A graduate of California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo with a B.A. in History, he also spent a year studying Middle Eastern History, Politics, and Media at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel. Mr. Agron has Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 7 and 66 registrations held through LPL Financial, as well as California Department of Insurance Life and Health licenses. He will be available by appointment to clients in the Walnut Creek, Concord, Oakland, Pittsburg, and San Francisco offices of Mechanics Bank.
- Joseph Yang, who previously worked at Merrill Lynch. He graduated from University of California Riverside with a B.A in Asian Literature and Culture and a B.S. in Business Administration. He has FINRA Series 7 and 66 registrations held through LPL Financial, and California Department of Insurance life and health licenses, as well as long-term care (LTC) and LTC partnership licenses. He will be available by appointment to clients of the North Berkeley (Solano Ave), Berkeley Main, West Berkeley and Kensington offices of Mechanics Bank.
- David Vigil, a 23-year veteran in the financial services industry. Mr. Vigil spent eight years working in investment and wealth management at Bank of America and Merrill Lynch. He has FINRA Series 6, 7, 63, and 66 registrations held through LPL Financial, as well as California Department of Insurance Life and Health licenses. He will be available by appointment to clients of the Hilltop, Lafayette and Point Richmond offices of Mechanics Bank.
- Denise Padovani, who brings more than 23 years serving as a financial advisor with companies such as Ameriprise Financial Services, US Bancorp, and Citicorp Investments. She received her B.A. in Philosophy from University of California, Berkeley, and is a lifetime
Mechanics Bank Expands Investment Advisory Services member of its Golden Key chapter, an international honor society. She has FINRA Series 7, 63, and 66 securities registrations held through LPL Financial, and California Department of Insurance life and health licenses, as well as long-term care (LTC) and LTC partnership licenses. She will be available by appointment to clients of the Albany, El Sobrante, San Pablo and Danville offices of Mechanics Bank.
- Sharron Scoggins has been with Mechanics Bank five years and has 25 years in the financial industry. She held compliance posts at Milestone Financial LLC, Bank of America and First Allied before joining the Bank. Ms. Scoggins earned a B.S. in Computer Science at CSU East Bay, and has FINRA Series 6, 7, 24, 26, 66 securities registrations, held through LPL Financial and a California Life Insurance license. She is available by appointment to clients of the Bank‘s Pinole, Rodeo and Mira Vista (Richmond) offices.
- Jason W. Martin, CRPS®, whose extensive experience in both retail and institutional roles within the financial services industry has included positions at Sutter Wealth Management, Waddell & Reed, Merrill Lynch and Banc of America Investment Services. A graduate of Roger Williams University, Gabelli School of Business, he earned a B.S. in Financial Services with a Mathematics concentration and a minor in Computer Information Science. Mr. Martin holds FINRA Series 7, 24, 31, 63, and 65 registrations, , held through LPL Financial, as well as California Life, Health, and Accident Insurance Licenses. He will be available by appointment to clients in the, El Dorado Hills, North Roseville, Howe Avenue and Roseville Corporate banking offices.
- Karry Maciak‘s 13 years of providing financial advice have included posts at Bank of the West, JP Morgan/Chase and Wachovia Securities. She also spent seven years as a housing manager for a nonprofit organization providing adult residential care. She earned a B.S. in Psychology (Behavioral Analysis) at Western Michigan University and holds FINRA Series 7, 24, 65 and 66 registrations, held through LPL Financial, as well as Life, Accident and Health Insurance Licenses, and the Certified Retirement Consultant (CRC®) designation. Ms. Maciak is available by appointment to clients in the El Cerrito, Orinda and Moraga offices of Mechanics Bank.
"Our advisors are trained to listen to our clients and give them the advice they need around advisory accounts, from separate managed and mutual fund wrap accounts to mutual funds, fixed income, and individual stocks and bonds," says Ms. Smith. "The extensive analysis and tools that LPL Financial offers our advisors help them provide our clients with the information they need to make informed decisions. Additionally, in 2014, we will roll out many new electronic capabilities to our clients, including electronic signature, paperless applications, remote deposit and more."
Financial consultants are registered with and securities and advisory services offered through LPL Financial, a registered investment advisor, Member FINRA/SIPC. Insurance products offered through LPL Financial or its licensed affiliates. To arrange a personal appointment with a Financial Consultant, call 800.811.0185.
Mechanics Bank and Mechanics Investment Services are not registered broker/dealers and are not affiliated with LPL Financial. The investment products sold through LPL Financial are not insured Mechanics Bank deposits and are not FDIC insured. These products are not obligations of Mechanics Bank and are not endorsed, recommended or guaranteed by Mechanics Bank or any government agency. The value of the investment may fluctuate, the return on the investment is not guaranteed, and loss of principal is possible